Sunday 17 December 2017

Glass Painted Decoration

This is the last of my tree decorations to share from this year although there will be one more post tomorrow, which will feature some of last year's creations. Here I have used glass painting on a flat acrylic star. I drew my poinsettia design on paper first and taped my star on top so that I could trace the design with my black outlining fluid. Once dry I filled in the design with glass paints and left to dry overnight. This is the freshly painted piece sitting to dry...


Then here is the dried piece held up so that you can actually see the yellow details at the centre of the flower. As you can see, there are some gaps and it would take a second layer of glass paint but I rather like it just as it is. The odd imperfection just goes to remind you that it's handmade after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...