Friday 24 March 2017

Cotton Pad Birds

This one comes from a Happy Hooligan post from a couple of years ago. It popped up on my Facebook feed this week and when Jess said she wanted to make a chick card for Gran for Mother's Day I couldn't resist giving these a go. I love the simplicity of them, especially as they are so full of charm!


We got the pipettes out again for this craft (they are rapidly becoming crafting staples for us) and dripped liquid watercolours over cotton pads. They took a really long time to dry (we left them overnight) but it was worth the wait. We then glued on a feather tail, foam beak and a couple of googly eyes of Jessica's choosing. I must admit, I like them best when she doesn't choose eyes that match! The little lady likes them so much that she had to keep two for herself and, of course, she absolutely had to mount them on hot pink card...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...