Thursday 26 February 2015

First Ever Quilting Project

I bought my quilters edition sewing machine way back in 2012 with ever intention of adding quilting to my repertoire of crafts. It has taken until now for me to even attempt to acquire the skill. I decided that a good first project would be a quilted playmat and chose a striking tessellated design featuring 42 separate pieces. Once the pieces were cut the pinning, sewing, pressing and quilting (along the seams) took about 4 hours. It’s certainly not perfect (there is one piece in particular that’s not even close to right) but I’m happy with it and I think the recipients of the gift were quite pleased too. My quilting career has begun!

Blog_157

Blog_160   Blog_159

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...