Sunday 30 November 2014

Needle Felted Penguin

To save the reindeer from the previous post being lonely on Sarah’s mantelpiece I have made him a friend in the form of a penguin. It’s inspired by a kit that Hobbycraft had out for Christmas (but quickly sold out of). I couldn’t get hold of the kit, which included everything you needed to make a family of three penguins, including the needles, for just £3 so I just bought their styrofoam eggs and used my own equipment. My dark wool is probably a bit coarse for this really but fluffy penguins are cute, right?! Anyway, I chopped the bottom off the egg to give a nice flat surface and then pricked away doing the belly then the black and finally the eyes and nose. I was impressed with how easily the wool fused to the styrofoam and will definitely be using the technique again.

Here he is, what do you reckon?!

Blog_118

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...