Thursday 28 August 2014

Dandelion Clock String Art

On several occasions my sister has made it very clear that she is not a fan of handmade items so when she told me to use my wild imagination in choosing her birthday presents this year I set about making five gifts designed to change her mind. She really ought to have known better but we all live and learn!

I’ll start my series of blog posts with the biggest failure (in terms of purpose not craftsmanship). This one did not convert her and it now hangs proudly in Mum’s bedroom. Well, you can’t win them all. This dandelion clock is a piece of string art created from a pattern I bought from String Art Fun. The patterns cost just £1 each and some of that money goes to charity. I pushed veneer pins into an A4 cork notice board that I had painted black and used two threads of embroidery silk throughout the design. I finished it off by painting the frame with two coats of fudge brown nail varnish! Despite the fact that Sarah didn’t like it, Katryn and Mum both wanted it so the effort was appreciated! Mind you, Sarah also used her own wild imagination when she didn’t recognise the picture as a dandelion clock and believed it to be a moon and stars!!! That was a total mystery to me!

IMG_1048

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...