Sunday 27 July 2014

Congratulations Carrie & Simon

It has very much become a tradition that I create a stitched gift to commemorate the event when I am invited to attend a wedding. This weekend Carrie and Simon tied the knot and hosted their reception at their lawn tennis club. Carrie made their invitations. They were so striking that I decided to use the design as the inspiration for their piece. This is a trick that I have used before and it usually goes down very well. Below is the finished gift and a close-up of the stitching alongside the original invitation. Sorry I couldn’t take a photo face on; I needed the flash so this was the only way I could avoid losing some of the image to flash blowout.

Blog_6

Blog_6   Blog_5

They are a wonderful couple and I wish them a lifetime of happiness and fabulous adventures together. Congratulations one last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...