Monday 7 May 2012

Quilled flower card and my 30th birthday cake

This has been a fabulous bank holiday weekend. On Saturday we celebrated Amy’s 30th birthday like it was 1933 and on Sunday I had my first of three 30th birthday celebrations (I’m very greedy) with a kids birthday party at Mum and Dad’s house. We were lucky with the weather so Katryn, Archie, Steven, Millie, James, Ollie, Josh (and I) could run around the garden all afternoon. Loved it!

So, here is the card that I made for Amy. I wasn’t sure about the quilled flower in the middle which has petals of different lengths but David and Amy particularly commented on that one so maybe I’m wrong!

P1060074blog

The flowers take a little while to make because I have to cut the paper before curling them up around the quilling tool. Here’s a close-up…

P1060077blog

Mum made me this fabulous cake. I have no idea when I last had a number cake for my birthday and I loved it! Thanks Mummy!!!

P1060105blog

Now I’m all set up for a bank holiday Monday crafting and marking for my exam classes. Could be better, but certainly could be worse. I’ll post my crafting efforts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...