Monday 27 February 2012

Homemade Tie

This weekend I made good use of the sewing machine and turned my hand to making gifts for men. This one is for a certain someone that I work with who has complained on several occasions that I have never made him anything (other than a birthday card). We were out celebrating a couple of birthdays on Saturday night when he grumbled once more. So, in an attempt to put an end to this moaning, I promised to make him one and here it is…

P1050872_blog     P1050871_blog

I used the least feminine fabric that I own and it’s lined with my sister’s old curtains! There are a couple of things that may prove problematic should Paul actually try to wear it though. Firstly, although it looks rather glossy here, the fabric doesn’t slide as well as a tie should and I think the middle part of the length should be narrower to sit nicely under a collar but I’m pleased with it as a first attempt.

P1050873_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...