Sunday 19 February 2012

Half-term crafting

I’ve not had much time for crafting this week but here are a couple of things that I have managed to squeeze in…

1. Crocheting
Last Saturday I tested the patience of my dear friend Lib to breaking point as she taught me how to crochet after my dismal attempts the weekend before. We made a small granny square using a few different stitches and a cute little flower – somehow I managed to gain an extra couple of petals on mine, who’d have thought counting was supposed to be my area of expertise?! I’d had a few glasses of wine during this process and was a little concerned that I may not retain these new found skills so I took my hook and wool on a hospital visit on Monday where I made Nan-nan a perfectly proportioned flower with the required six petals and started to make a blanket. During the course of the week the blanket has grown a little and Katryn set me the challenge of making a butterfly, which I did as a flower with four petals. Here is the blanket at the moment:
P1050852_blog
It’s only about 25cm square at the moment but I’ll get there.

2. Marbled Neapolitan Cake
This one speaks for itself!
P1050850_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...